Recruiting: CATASTROPHE RISK ANALYST: LONDON, UK
16 Oct 2014
LOCATION: UK – City of London
SALARY: Competative – commensurate with skills and experience
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Catastrophe Risk Analyst at ImageCat – an industry-leading provider of disaster risk management products for the insurance and humanitarian communities.
The successful applicant will join our business development team in the UK to provide pre- and post-sales technical support for ImageCat’s insurance products and services in the London insurance market to current and prospective clients.
We are looking for a sharp, self-motivated team member who has deep knowledge and understanding of catastrophe (cat) modelling and exposure data workflow, gained from several years in the insurance/reinsurance sector (in roles such as cat modelling, exposure management or regulatory compliance). The successful applicant will also be the conduit for client feedback to the technical development and management teams.
The following skills are pre-requisites for the position:
- Good understanding of exposure data management, including workflow, data processing, data quality assessment, and reporting,
- Familiarity of underwriting and claims management processes,
- Database skills (including SQL),
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in front of existing and prospective clients,
- Exemplary written skills and an eye for detail.
- Some knowledge of Capital Management & Solvency II compliance,
- Previous experience in technical support roles.
The position will be based in our London office, with significant amount of time working at client sites in the City.
For further information, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact John Bevington at 0207 264 2183 for an informal discussion about the role.